by Alfian N. F. Palar
Bible Reading: ACTS 17: 16 – 34
I. Who is in the market place?
F. Sport, etc.
II. Why we should reach the market place?
Market place is place for people to dispute one to another about many things. Place for community to interaction; place to trading, buying, and selling goods, etc. In market place, many people do not know about Jesus. (Vs. 18)
III. Anointed to Next Level
A. Vision From God
Vision will guide your life to getting your purpose in the future. Vision will fulfill when you keep strong in God. The word of God makes vision clearly for our path, calling, and destiny in this world. (Vs. 16).
B. Holiness Life
Holiness is our life style (John 17: 17 – 19). Holiness life will bring us to a as a great and marvelous life in Jesus Christ.
C. The Next Level
Church is place to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
2. Market Place
After all we prepared and ready. God want us to reach the unreached people group outside the church. We do not just stay in four wall of Church, but go to out side of the Church. Not all of you become a pastor, evangelist or etc. at the Church. You must back to your works in the market place. And become a witness of Christ at your works place. Why we should be witness on market place? Because many people there need Jesus; they’re hungry and thirsty to the Righteousness. They were harassed and helpless.
3. Absolute Ruler / Highest Role
Some people, they’re chosen to go to highest place in the Government. Think what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. (Vs. 22)
IV. What people in Athens done at Mars Hill (Aeropaguse)?
A. Reading about the new things
B. Telling about a new things
C. Listening about a new things
V. The Truth about Jesus Christ ( Unknown God )
A. God is the creator of the universe – Ac 17:24
1. Acknowledging their religious devotion, he made mention of one altar in particular – Ac 17:22-23a
a. An altar with the inscription: “To The Unknown God”
b. So devout, they sought to worship a god they did not know
2. He used this as an opportunity to preach concerning the True God they did not know! – Ac 17:23b
B. God is the sustainer of life – Ac 17:25
1. He gives to all life their breath and what they need – cf. Jm 1:17
2. Therefore God is not worshipped as though He needs it
C. God is the ruler of all the nations – Ac 17:26-27
1. He has created every nation and determined their rise and fall – Dan 2:20-21; 4:17
2. Everything is designed to prompt men to seek God, who is not far from any of us
D. God is the Father of mankind – Ac 17:28-29
1. From God we come; and in Him we live, move, and have our very being
2. Therefore we should not think that God is like any idol ofgold, silver or stone
E. God is the Judge of the world – Ac 17:30-31
1. What ignorance He may have overlooked in the past, such is no longer the case
2. He now commands all men everywhere to repent
3. Why? Because of the coming Judgment, in which…
a. God will judge the world in righteousness
b. God will judge the world through Jesus Christ – Jn 5:22,26-27; 12:48
4. As proof such will occur, God raised Jesus from the dead — These five points are from John Stott’s book, The Spirit, The Church, And The World